home baby rags sew fun noms about

Thursday, August 16, 2012

An Olive!

So, I really really really wanted to do these posts every day my weeks changed over....but I haven't. Why? Because I've felt like a zombie with a stomach bug since the day before I changed over to 6 weeks. The baby has gone from the size of an appleseed {5 weeks} to the size of an olive {9 weeks} and I haven't updated anything like I wanted to. Just to give you an idea, here's an appleseed and an olive.

That's a lot of growing, folks! And it's probably the reason I've been having morning all day sickness. I've been surviving off of Special K protein shakes in the morning and a little miracle drug called Zofran. I've been taking it since about 6 weeks and while it helps, it doesn't make me feel like Superwoman....which is fine with me. I'm a happy camper if I'm not puking. I am so ready for my 1st trimester to be done with {21 more days!!! (yes, I'm only counting to 12 weeks because screw all that 13 weeks 3 days shizz)} and I'm ready for some energy. I'm also ready to enjoy food again. I miss food. My poor house is so messy and Joel is living off of food in a box, as am I. I miss cooking and I miss sewing. I don't, however, miss cleaning.

Our first appointment was on Tuesday 8/14. I was so incredibly nervous. I was afraid that I'd get an ultrasound and nothing would be in there or something would be wrong with the baby. I could barely sleep the night before and was so anxious all day! The ultrasound tech could tell I was nervous so she was super nice. She said "Okay, I'm going to see how many are in there" and I'm thinking "Oh hellllll no lady, there is only going to be one, you got it?!" The screen was turned away from me so all I had to go on was her facial expressions. She smiled and said "well I only see one!" and she turned the screen towards me and Joel and I saw our baby! It was one of the best feelings I have ever had, I was instantly relieved and started crying out of pure happiness. It actually looked like a baby! It was moving it's arms around and did a little dance for us. We could see it's little heartbeat just ticking away and honestly it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I can't believe something this tiny is making me feel so sick! haha


Isn't s/he cute?! Everything looked great with the baby and it's heartbeat was 159 BPM. Since me and Joel couldn't wait to share our excitement, we announced it on Facebook that night with this picture
Our next appointment is August 31 where we will get another ultrasound! We can't wait to see how big the baby gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment