home baby rags sew fun noms about

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think I've known I wanted to be a Momma since I was about 12. My sister was pregnant with my niece and I just remember the whole pregnancy thing being fun {well of course it was fun for me, probably not so much for my sister} and exciting. The day my first niece, Madison, was born was a day I will never forget and I knew from that moment on, I couldn't wait to be a Momma, too.

July 10, 2012
I'm 12 days past ovulation and I just know I'm "out" this cycle. We'd only been trying for two months, but I just felt like it wasn't going to happen this time around and was preparing myself for the next go-around. I woke up early, I had been doing that for a few days prior, and my last First Response Test in my bathroom cabinet was calling my name. I figured "I'll just go ahead and test so I can stop thinking about it". I just KNEW it would be negative. I got up, put my contacts in and took the test. After watching numerous live pregnancy tests on YouTube, I for some reason decided to film myself taking the test {a video that will never ever ever be for the public view because mid-video I decided to look at myself in the camera and noticed my nice triple chin}. Anyway, I could NOT believe what I was seeing...."Is that a second line??? Holy sh-t, holy sh-t, holy sh-t." I think I said holy sh-t at least 100 times. I felt faint and had to go lay on the bed. I was so excited and shocked!


I told Daddy Rags that night when he got home and poor thing, he was in shock for a whole 24 hours I think, but he eventually came around!

July 19, 2012
I'm officially five weeks pregnant today. I'm pregnant! Wow, it's so weird, fun, exciting and scary to be able to say that! So far we've told our family and close friends....we'll let everyone else know after our first appointment, which is August 14 {a whole twenty-six days from now!}. I haven't had too many symptoms other than being really tired all.the.time. and bloating {yay}.


No comments:

Post a Comment